Work Permit authorizes foreign nationals to work in Canada on full or part time basis. A work permit may be Open or closed. An Open work permit authorizes the foreign national to work for any employer whereas a closed work permit restricts them to work only for a specific employer. An Open work permit is issued to:
- Spouse of international students in Canada
- Spouse of foreign workers in Canada (conditions apply)
- Asylum & refugee claimants in Canada
- International students through Post graduate work permit
Open work permits are exempt from any authorization like LMIA or provincial or regional approvals.
Closed work permits normally require LMIA or provincial or regional authorizations to work with a specific employer.
Some work permits are open but occupation restricted or location restricted .
Eligibility requirements for all applicants:
There are specific requirements you need to meet depending on where you are when you apply for your work permit.
But regardless of where you apply or which type of work permit you apply for, you must
- prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires;
- show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home;
- obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (we may ask you to give us a police clearance certificate);
- not be a danger to Canada’s security;
- be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed;
- not plan to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions;
- not plan to work for an employer who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages; and
- give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country.
Different work permits may have different conditions attached to them depending upon the level of work involved.
Categories of Work Permit:
- Post Graduate Work Permit
- Bridging Open Work Permit
- Owner Operator Work Permit
- International Experience Canada
- Home Child caregiver Program
- Agricultural work permits
- Agri-food work permits
- Temporary workers (LMIA based)
- Intra Company transferee
- Work Permits are normally issued for a duration of two years and may be extended for a term of 2 years.
Foreign nationals are required to give biometrics once every ten years.
Foreign nationals are required to undergo medical examination as part of their work permit application.
Application for Permanent Residence:
Experience acquired while working in Canada under Certain work permits enable foreign workers to apply for Canadian Permanent Residence under one of Canada’s skilled worker’s classes.
WHY CHOOSE EURO IMMIGRATION CONSULTANTS:
At Euro Immigration Consultants, we are licensed and authorized to submit PR application under the RNIP.
ASSESSMENT PROCESS BY FEDERAL IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT (IRCC)
As a first step applicants are assessed for their eligibility in the said class of immigration.
After completion of eligibility review, applicants and any accompanying family members are assessed for Admissibility as per the Canadian Immigration & Refugees Protection Act. The admissibility assessment process can take longer depending upon country of origin of the applicant, country of Application and several other factors. The seven factors that can make an applicant inadmissible from applying for Canadian Permanent Residence are:
- Human or International Rights Violation
- Serious Criminality
- Organized Criminality
- Health Issues
- Financial Reasons
HOW TO APPLY
: For detailed assessment of your profile please submit our online assessment form.
Our Regulated Immigration Consultant Mr. Ahmad Junaid Salik-Member ICCRC # R509291 will review your profile and advise you according to your profile.
- Eligible candidates are invited for a Zoom meeting with our consultant at which applicants get a chance to discuss their case at length.
- Applicants are sent our retainer agreement
- Upon receipt of signed retainer agreement and initial instalment of Professional fee, client file is opened at our end.
- Client is sent a link of our CRM in which client can track all his records, payment, upload documents, actions performed by our team and progress of client application.
- At Euro Immigration Consultants, we charge our professional fee in 2-3 instalments as per the task ahead.