STUDY PERMIT is an authorization required by foreign nationals who want to study in Canada. They apply for a Study permit from outside Canada (Inside Canada also possible in certain cases) and receive an approval and visa in order to travel to Canada. At port of Entry (Airport or landed border or sea), a final examination is performed and students are issued a Study Permit. The Study Permit is valid upto the completion of the course, i.e the date mentioned on the Letter of Acceptance submitted with the visa application. Students, who do not complete their studies by the prescribed date due to some reason, may apply for an extension of their Study permit in Canada.
International Students who want to pursue more than six months course in Canada are required to obtain authorization, called Study Permit in order to study in Canada.
An online application is submitted through portal on IRCC website. Required application forms along with supporting documents are submitted in the required format. There is a C$150 Study Permit application fee in addition to $85 Biometrics fee. Biometrics are valid for upto 10 years.
There are two stream of Study Permit application; Regular Stream and Students Direct Stream. All students can apply for their Study Permit through the Regular stream if they do not meet the requirements of the Student Direct Stream.
STUDENTS DIRECT STREAM:
In 2018 government of Canada introduced streamlined visa processing for certain international students. Currently the program offers opportunity to students applying in following countries to be considered for the streamlined visa process:
Students applying under SDS are required to show the following pre-requisites:
- Have an acceptance letter from a post-secondary designated learning institution
- Live outside of Canada when you apply in one of the above mentioned countries
- Have proof that you have paid your full tuition for your first year of study
- Have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000 ($4000 for spouse and $3000 for each dependent child)
- Have a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (This is only if you’re planning to study in Quebec)
- Get a upfront medical exam before you apply (if you need one)
- Get a police certificate before you apply (if you need one)
- Have your most recent secondary or post-secondary school transcript(s)
- Have a language test result that shows: a score of 6.0 or higher in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening) on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or
- a Test d’évaluation de français (TEF) score that is equal to a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of at least 7 in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening)
STUDY PERMIT / VISA ASSESSMENT PROCESS (IRCC)
- ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT
As a first step applicants are assessed for their eligibility as an international student. The visa officer will review course of study, relevance, eligibility, benefits of course, financial affordability, and several other factors depending upon applicant’s nationality and country of residence.)
- ADMISSIBILITY ASSESSMENT
After completion of eligibility review, applicants and any accompanying family members are assessed for Admissibility as per the Canadian Immigration & Refugees Protection Act. The admissibility assessment process can take longer depending upon country of origin of the applicant, country of Application and several other factors. The seven factors that can make an applicant inadmissible from applying for Canadian Permanent Residence are:
- Human or International Rights Violation
- Serious Criminality
- Organized Criminality
- Health Issues
- Financial Reasons
HOW TO APPLY
FREE ASSESSMENT: For detailed assessment of your profile please submit our online assessment form.
Our Regulated Immigration Consultant Mr. Ahmad Junaid Salik-Member ICCRC # R509291 will review your profile and advise you accordingly.
- Eligible candidates are invited for a Zoom meeting with our consultant at which applicants get a chance to discuss their case at length.
- Applicants are sent our retainer agreement
- Upon receipt of signed retainer agreement and initial instalment of Professional fee, client file is opened at our end.
- Client is sent a link of our CRM in which client can track all his records, payment, upload documents, actions performed by our team and progress of client application.
- At Euro Immigration Consultants, we charge our professional fee in 2-3 instalments as per the task ahead.
Admissions Canada has in-house Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) assisted by several Case workers. The RCIC will compile and submit your study permit application to IRCC through his Authorized portal on IRCC website and represent your before IRCC.
1. Package A: Full Study Permit application compilation, submission and Representation before IRCC. Online Submission of Visa Application
2. Package B: Study Permit Application review only
Contact ushttp://euroconsultants.ca/contact-us-2/ for further Assistance.